Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sacrifice

Well, today is Lammas Eve and I did my first Red Meal and resealed the pact between the Harvester and that which is to be harvested... I had bought a bag of sweet but dark bread and put it in the bread basket for safekeeping. Also a bottle of non-alcoholic wine. I was so excited for today, because everything was going SO perfectly! However, that changed when the cat got into my bread and made it go stale. After which my father threw the whole thing away. All of this was without my knowing of course. So I get ready to do my red meal and I can't find the bread, so I call my father and he tells me the story of my cat and my bread.... Quite annoying. So I find some crackers instead. (Make due with what you have right?) the ritual was amazing. The candles were lit, the spirits called, the harvester quite present... The bread broken and shared, and the wine poured and drunk. It was magical, even with a cracker. I went to go pour the meal out upon the roots of the tree, but I had a feeling to stay and wait until dusk. When day and night were equal. When both the gods and the dead could partake. 
I spilled a few drops of blood from my left hand to the harvester. And anointed his and his bride's candles. I had some quiet meditation on the nature of sacrifice.. And true offering. All in all this was a wonderful Lammas. And I certainly cannot wait until Samhain. May you all bear good harvest upon this wild, crooked path. 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Some of my most powerful experiences have come from situations where everything went wrong and I had to improvise :)

    ReplyDelete